Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Has (Maybe) Sprung!

Well, it finally happened, though probably temporarily.

Spring has (maybe) sprug!

The sun is out, the temperature has finally hit the 50s, and the last of the greyish black ice and snow is melting.

I can't stop thinking of going outside in something other than my winter coat.

In fact, there's a piece of clothing that I'm craving, one I haven't been able to find the perfect version of yet.

A classic, khaki trench.

I have a red one, by Calvin Klein, but it's too big. I know I should have it tailored, but that just seems like tooo much of an investment for a jacket I only like, not love. One of the buttons fell off and I'm toying with the idea of replacing all the gold hardware with tortiseshell buttons. The belt is kind of crinkled, because the waist is in the wrong place (thanks, short torso). I'm very indifferent to this coat.

Now, in a perfect world I'd order a Burberry classic short trench and have it tailored and live with it forever. However, as a soon-to-be-unemployed undergrad, the $1600 price tag is a bit out of my range.

I had a Forever 21 jacket, but it had ruffled shoulders, and the belt fit weird. I gave it to my cousin.

I'm considering trying the Gap or Banana Republic next.

Oh, and I'm definitely lusting over a pair of classic Hunter wellies.

What are you excited for this spring?

~Megan



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS