Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rain, Rain, I Suppose You're Useful

There's a theory that the more negative thoughts you have, the more negative experiences you have. Conversely, the more positive thoughts, the more positive experiences.

And oh boy, am I a Negative Nancy about literally everything. Give me a situation and I will point out every negative aspect. I automatically think about the bad over the good. So I suppose it follows that when things happen, I judge them as negative and I fail to see any sort of positive outcome or usefulness.

Take the rain, for example. It sucks. It's still super cold out, and when the skies are grey and the ground is muddy, I really just do not want to get out of bed in the morning. My first thought is "Oh, great, rain. Today is going to suck."

But what if I can teach myself to start thinking in a different frame of mind? Yes, it's raining. It's April, and rain usually means the onset of spring. More rain means less snow and ice on the ground. The grass will start to turn green again. The trees will bud.

I can start wearing all those cute, springy dresses in my closet (even if I have to wear tights).

Oh, and I bought an adorable umbrella in order to cheer me up. At least that's something!

~Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS