Monday, April 15, 2013

Road Trip!

Happy Monday!

It feels good to be back home - even though the weather was way better in Ohio. I'm talking 70+ degrees all weekend.

The trip was actually really nice. It was the farthest I've ever driven on my own, so I was a little nervous, especially since the first part of the trip was at night. Chicago traffic was awful (of course) but there was no real way to avoid that, so I ended up not getting to Columbus until 2 am (that darn time difference).

It was so, so, so great to spend time with my friend though. I haven't seen her in what feels like forever and it was amazing to just sit around and watch movies and eat (vegan!) chocolate mint cake:


So good with a nice tall glass of almond milk.  That's a pistachio rosewater cupcake behind it. And there were cookies involved- aka the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever tasted.

We also went and got vegan potstickers, spring rolls, pho, and something called golden nuggets which blew my mind. I wish I had remembered to take pictures before I devoured everything.

I miss Ohio already, though I didn't have to wear a jacket today, at the very least. I'm counting down until I can make another trip to visit!

And now, back to our regularly scheduled Monday.
~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS