Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Schedule Crisis

I will fully admit that I am a Type-A control freak about nearly every aspect of my life.

However, I am over the top when it comes to scheduling. I should post a picture of my planner. Seriously, I have just about every minute of every day scheduled. My motto is "Early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable".

So you can imagine, how upset it makes me when schedules don't work out the way I plan.

I'm in the processing figuring out my schedule for the upcoming fall semester. (Backstory: I'm quitting my job at the end of August to focus on school, take a bunch of credits, and finish my degree by summer). Since I have such a narrow window to just be a student without also worrying about getting a job, I have to get this down precisely.

I met with my advisor. I drafted plans. My plan was perfect.

Then bam, two of the courses I need are offered at the same time. Thankfully, one has an online section, though I'm not thrilled about having to take an online class (I forget that I'm in them if I'm not physically going to a class).

Okay, not so bad, right?

Double-bam. The archaeology requirement course I selected is just...not offered this fall. It isn't offered in spring. Of course, this was one of the courses I was most excited about and would have led me into a Celtic Studies certificate.

And of course the other classes I can take to satisfy those requirements are either A) offered online, or B) during the same time as my methods course.

I'm really, really not looking forward to taking two online courses. It's daunting. Looks like I'm going to have to either bite the bullet and pray I make it through unscathed or meet with my advisor and hope there's another solution.

Or I could just cry. That would wouldn't help anything but I might feel better afterwards.

Fingers crossed I can get this figured out.

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS