Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Return to Real Life

The cake has been cut. The bouquet was tossed. I danced all night and slept for nearly an entire day.

I guess its time to go back to real life. You know - work, school, obligations.

I'm sitting in bed right now (late day today) and I'm trying to figure out an outfit. We've got a special guest in town today - a manager five levels above me. My boss' boss' boss' boss. Whew.

I really have no idea what to wear. Ordinarily I'd think "duh, wear a suit!". However, since I'm working on a college campus, we have been expressly told NOT to wear a suit, so as not to alienate ourselves from the students ("who is that girl in the suit, she must be important, I shouldn't bother her" - not so good for business).

So far, I've got a dress that might be too short with leggings and boots. I'm thinking too casual.

I've got a pair of black pants, a navy blue tee and a pink scarf tied really cute and a pair of black heels.

Can you wear black and navy together these days? Serious question. I'm always a little nervous to mix neutrals like that.

I definitely can't wear just a dress with bare legs, because I have a tattoo on my ankle that's technically forbidden. 

Oh, did I mention the forecast is calling for 80 degrees today? So I'll want to bring a cardigan for the AC in the office but I don't want to wear anything heavy.

Also since I haven't put unpacking as a priority, my room is a hot mess and I can't find anything.

I'd better get cracking.

Yikes.

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS