Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Fresh

I always get a little nervous when starting a brand new blog. The first post is always the hardest, no?

It's like opening a brand new notebook, all the pages pristine. I almost don't want to muck it up.

Well, here goes nothing.

Typical first post: Who am I? Why am I here? Etc, etc.

My name is Megan. I'm (currently) 23, living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I have two cats. I like to read and write, but arithmetic isn't really my thing. I'm nearly finished with a degree in Anthropology (took me long enough...). I absolutely love it. People are just so interesting.

I've fallen completely head over heels in love with the preppy life. No, I wasn't born into it. My ancestors didn't come over on the Mayflower and I have no claim to any American "royalty". I'm just the product of Irish and German immigrants settling in the midwest and living good, honest lives. But that doesn't mean I can't at least enjoy the lifestyle of those Back East, right? I mean, that's what America is all about - opportunity. Ha!

Anyways, this will be my daily log of life. What I'm up to, what I'm enjoying, and most importantly, what I'm learning. Consider it an ethnography of sorts. Preppy life from an "outsider"'s perspective.

Enjoy!

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS