Monday, July 1, 2013

The Last Day

Today is my last day at work - Woohoo!

Although the day is definitely crawling. And I keep forgetting that I'm not just going on vacation. I almost asked a coworker to bring something to work for me this week...and then stopped when I realized, wait, I won't be here this week, or next week, or the week after, etc.

As busy as I am with school, I'm a little curious as to what, exactly, I'm going to do with my time. I'm thinking I'm going to take this month of solid unemployment (my student job starts in August) as a month of self-improvement. I want to:

  • Read more books. I even started a book club! I can't wait for the first book to get here from Amazon. I'm so excited I might just buy the kindle version. Ahh!
  • Drink more tea. I just love how fancy I feel with my cup and saucer.
  • Actually get into shape. Without work weighing me down and exhausting me, I have no excuses about skipping workouts and eating poorly (no cafeteria right down the hall!).
  • Whip my apartment into shape. Two months later it still looks like we just moved in. Unacceptable. But now that I have vast swaths of free time I have, again, no excuses.
I also want to try my hand at canning. Of course, I'm going to start off with tomatoes, but I'd also like to branch into sauces. I know Andrew is really excited for me to experiment with the French mother sauces. The man loves a good demi glace.

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS