Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Making Money in College

You know, without taking your clothes of or anything of the like. 
(Not that I have anything against sex work whatsoever. Work is work. Read about it)

Anyways.

I'm a poor student now, after leaving my full time bank job to finish out my senior year.

Soon, I'll be a Campus Ambassador in our Student Success Office, mentoring incoming transfer students. I'm super excited for the opportunity, not only to make money, but to gain skills, make friends, and generally be more involved on campus. 

In the meantime, however, I'm a little uh...cash poor.

So I opened my eyes.

There are a lot of opportunities to make money through a university. There are various studies being done all the time. Some pay a lot, some pay a little. But for just a few hours of your time, even a small amount is pretty good.

For example, there's a couple fliers for an alcohol and energy drink usage survey. It's an hour long survey and pays $20. There's another (super confidential) brain imaging study for both users and non-users of marijuana. It takes 8 hours over 5 sessions, involves things like getting an MRI, measuring physical and mental fitness levels, and completing thinking puzzles. It pays up to $340 and you get a souvenir print of your brain MRI.

Some studies involve things like behavioral issues such as test taking anxiety or things like smoking cigarettes. 

And, bonus, it's all for science! Science is pretty great.

So next time you're wandering around campus feeling the pain of an empty wallet, take a look, there might be an opportunity for a bit of cash hanging right on the wall.

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS