Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lifestyle Shock

It's been a few weeks since I left my job, and it'll be a few weeks until my new job starts. This is a huge anomaly for me. I've been working since I was 16 and I've never been unemployed. This is the first time I've allowed myself to live on basically no income.

You can imagine I've had a bit of a shock.

For example, I did a really stupid thing and miscalculated the total amount of my last paycheck from my job. By a lot. So much so, that I overspent my financial aid on I-don't-even-know-what, and found myself in a very interesting financial position.

See, I'm just not used to not having a disposable income. It may not have always been much, but I've always had one. I've always been able to buy my morning chai without feeling too much guilt. I've amassed a decent collection of shoes as well, thanks to my ability to drop some cash every couple weeks on footwear.

So this is definitely weird for me.

But, I like a challenge. From here on out it would seem I need to actually stick to a budget and exercise some common sense when it comes to spending.

Or I could just find that money tree everyone keeps talking about...

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS