Sunday, May 19, 2013

Unplugged

3 AM is a weird time in this city. People are slowly stumbling home from bars/parties, but it is very much a still and quiet time. I'm finding that I actually like it. I'm not usually awake for it.

But here I am, waiting for our shuttle to the airport. I'm packed and ready to go, stressing over what I may have forgotten, worrying about the cats and hoping I can fit my sun hat into my carry on.

I debated for a while about whether or not to bring my computer, as the resort gets free wifi, but I think part of this vacation is to be really disconnected from the internet. No phones, no computers, no late night emails or texts. Just the two of us and the ocean.

It's gonna be weird, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to it.

Moon is sitting here next to me purring away. Puck is asleep right next to her. Man, I'm gonna miss these cats. Especially Moon. It isn't often I get to spend this much time with her, because she isn't allowed in the bedroom and certainly not in the bed. She used to sleep with me every night, but the husband is allergic to her so she's relegated to the couch. Poor Moon.

Okay, internet. I'm leaving you alone for like, six days. Don't screw anything up, okay? See you when I get back!

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS