Thursday, May 16, 2013

Into Darkness

It's no secret: I am a giant nerd. Really. 

Last night, Andrew took me to an early showing of Star Trek Into Darkness. 

I told him weeks ago that if we went, I'd dress up. I think he thought I was kidding.

I wasn't:




The only downside was that I was the only person dressed up at the theater we went to. A friend of ours who was at a different theater also dressed up, but still. At least everyone thought it was awesome. The best part? The whole outfit is made of things that were either already in my closet or less than $15. I picked up the red dress at H&M (I already have three others in the same style - I love them), and Andrew made my insignia (out of tinfoil), but the rest of it was stuff I already had. I felt super crafty!

The movie itself was amazing. I can't even begin to describe how well they did it. All the performances were spot on, and the effects were just crazy good. We're going to see it again once we're back from Costa Rica. 

Of course, that's not to mention that the cast is full of really attractive men. Benedict Cumberbatch, Christopher Pine, Zachary Quinto, John Cho. All my favorites in one place, and in Starfleet uniforms. What more could a (nerd) girl want?

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS