Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Reading Challenge (accepted)

Well, now that finals are (nearly) over, and I'm heading off on vacation, I'm in need of a new challenge.

A reading challenge.

Okay, so I know I'm taking summer courses and I won't have a ton of time to just sit and read for pleasure, but I feel like I need to read more (see upcoming birthday post. Spoilers...).

I decided, that instead of doing the Rory Gilmore reading challenge (which I will eventually do, but will ease into, because some of the books I know will take me longer than my own list), I made up my own.

The goal is one book per week. There's a good mix of literature, fiction, really popular fiction that I somehow haven't read yet (hunger games, etc), non-fiction, and biography. I'll try not to overload myself in one genre in order to keep things varied. I'm not sure where to start! 

What's good vacation reading? I don't want to start with The Fault In Our Stars and start sobbing on my honeymoon. I feel like the Hunger Games trilogy is too serious for the beach. Maybe the Song of Ice and Fire books? Again, too serious. Andrew will have a fit if I bring something non-fiction along on our "relaxing" honeymoon (I don't do relaxed, but that's a different post). I have the 10th and 11th books in the Hollows series by Kim Harrison (paranormal crime and romance, my guilty pleasure) on my nook. I'll probably start with those, since I need to catch up in the series. Then again, I also picked up The Official Preppy Handbook:




Okay, maybe this will be perfect to read on the beach. Lighthearted, funny-in-a-true-way, somewhat ethnographical (though not on purpose, I'm sure).

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS