Monday, June 24, 2013

So It Begins

Today was my first day of the intense end of my summer coursework.

I (in all my infinite wisdom) decided to take three upper-level courses over the space of a month. Remind me in the future: this is not the best idea. I'm feeling more confident about my decision to leave work early, because after just one day I have:

80 pages of material to read, understand, and comment on by Wednesday at 10 pm.
A response paper to write by Sunday at midnight
A ten page research paper due in a month

Oh, and I haven't even started the third, month-and-a-half long class yet.

Needless to say, today hasn't really been my day.

Especially since I went to the bookstore to get the text for my sociology course, only to find out they'd sold out (for some reason the university bookstore always under-orders texts). Then, the lecture notes I need for tomorrow's course "haven't been requested yet" even though I can see that they're required on the website. Oh, and to top it all off, they were out of GRE study guides.

That has to be the most fruitless expedition to a bookstore I've ever undertaken.

Well, having my husband say "Where are you? I'm near the fetal pigs!" was pretty good.

Wish me luck for the rest of this week, I'm going to need it!

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS