Friday, June 14, 2013

Leap of Faith

I'm getting ready to take a pretty giant leap of faith.

Monday morning, I'm handing in my two weeks notice and jumping into near-unemployment.

I'm both terrified and excited.

On the one hand, my classes are very demanding and need to be my priority. I'll have lots of time to study, and less to stress about on top of school. I've never been just a college student, so this is a new world to me - and so far, I like it. It's crazy to me that I'm excited about not having to take off of work to go to office hours or study in the library. I can just do it. Man.

On the other hand, its been a really long time since I've had such a small income. I'll be working in August as a student mentor, about ten hours per week. Just enough for spending money. The rest of my bills will be taken care of by financial aid, as well as all of my expenses for the month of July. I'm really not used to living on a budget quite so tight, but I am up to the challenge of doing everything as frugally as possible.

I'm challenging myself to spend as little as possible on things like clothes, shoes, and entertainment. Luckily for me, there's a fantastic Goodwill right in my neighborhood, I've got a fairly stocked closet as it is, and I'm usually pretty good at sniffing out the best sales and deals anyways.

 Okay, I'm really excited now.

~Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS