Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Time Travel

I think I've finally found a way to make time go faster:

Become so busy you can't keep track of what day it is, what time it is, or if you've eaten yet.

It's practically a science. I'm going to be rich!

Ha.

But in all seriousness, how is it already the middle of October?! I haven't even started my Halloween costume, and midterms are next week. 

Truthfully though, I love when my life is this busy. I have a sense of purpose and impending doom. It doesn't sound like it, but that's actually my perfect recipe for a productive self. I know it's cliche, but I really do work best under pressure and let me tell you, I'm feeling it.

My classes are really picking up. Like I said, midterms are next week and I'm definitely not ready for them. I know I always say that, but this time I really mean it. I've been super distracted lately but stupid things and now I think I can focus properly.

Work is work, though I'm finally getting a handle on all of my responsibilities. The paperwork has taken forever for me to get the hang of. But I'm getting there!

I also decided to pledge a sorority, so I'm crazy busy with all of that. I really love it though, and since this is something I've always wanted to do for myself, I'm getting immense satisfaction from the process. Plus I'm getting to meet so many amazing women!

I'm still studying for the GRE, and compiling graduate school applications. I'm terrified of asking my professors for letters of recommendation, since I'm not super close with any of them and I haven't done any undergraduate research yet. My backup plan is to complete a second major if I don't get into any graduate schools by this year's deadline. I'll admit, I'll be crushed if that happens, but having a plan be is always good, right?

Oh, and the best part about this week? My best friend is in town! She moved to Ohio after college (which was in Iowa), and though we talk almost every day, I miss her like crazy. She's basically my other half, and I'm pretty sure if I didn't have her I'd actually go crazy.

I hope everyone is having a great week/month/semester!

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS