Sunday, October 27, 2013

Growing Pains Playlist

I feel like I've been coming out of a cocoon lately. It's an odd thing to describe, but I feel like my eyes are being opened to a lot that I hadn't previously seen. I'm gaining self-confidence by the bucketful, be that good or bad, and I'm starting to believe in the power of my own potential.

But like anything else, there are growing pains. Some mistakes just have to be made. Unfortunately for me, I'm the kind of person that never takes someone's word for it when they say that the stove is hot. I've got to burn myself first.

I also tend to be programmed to take the most difficult path, which is especially interesting considering I also tend to live live in extremes.

I'm always too hot or too cold. Bored or overwhelmed. Exhausted or full of energy. Shy or entirely too extroverted.

See the problem?

So while I'm enjoying all of these new life experiences, you can imagine what those growing pains look like. 

Nothing soothes the soul quite like music though, and I've been listening to one particular Pandora station for days. I'm so into it that I pulled a few tracks out and made myself a playlist. You know, so that I can continue to listen to things on repeat.

1. Kate Earl - You Can't Treat Me That Way
2. Massive Attack - Paradise Circus
3. - Massive Attack - Angel
4. Massive Attack - Teardrop
5. Moby - Porcelain
6. Kate Earl - Golden Street
7. Portishead - Glory Box
8. Nero - Promises

Of course, there are more songs that I've been really into lately and have on repeat, but these are all the same kind of chill vibe that's been keeping me grounded. I'm also realizing how much I love Massive Attack (obviously). 

So excuse me while I close my eyes, turn up the volume, and sing my heart out.

~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS